Surf holiday in Cadiz south Spain

cbruen1

Has anyone ever holidayed/surfed in the Cadiz area of south Spain? There's a few of us going there 2nd week of September for a lads holiday, and we're trying to figure out the best place to stay that has good restaurants, night life etc, and also reasonably close to some surf beaches. We'll be flying into Seville with Ryanair. Thinking of staying a night or two in Seville then moving on to Cadiz or that general area.

Any ideas/suggestions/dos or donts would be much appreciated..cheers.

DrMoriarty thanks very much, good to know that it's a good area at least. Any tips on Cadiz itself or surrounding areas to use as a base would be great.

Depends what you want, really. Seville or Cádiz will both have lots of night life/cultural attractions, but some of the smaller towns are really nice, too.
Vejer de la Frontera would be a personal favourite of mine (that website is not a bad starting point for info on other areas of Andalucia, too).

The surf there at the moment is flat as a pancake, hopefully it will pick up for ye. Ah well there is always the bars!
Keep track of things at www.magicseaweed.com. I never hit the beach without checking that site out, very accurate.

Try Tarifa for some kitesurfing. I wasnt blown away by the town but its definitely worth checking out

Back