Supply of gas to cooker

car

Have a gas cooker that I inherited when I moved into a house a year ago. Its the Calor yellow bottle type gas with the regulator. Ive changed the bottle 3-4 times already when its run out and not a bother, supply is almost instant.

This time however, Ive changed the bottle but the supply to the cooker isnt coming through. I got a second bottle to see if it was that but no joy. I changed the regulator but still nothing. I know it works as I can smell the gas off the pipe after I take it off the regulator (taking care as I do so!!) So now I think theres a block in the pipe. Anyone know how it can be cleared or any other ideas what it could be? why would it have occured this time and not any of the others?

You should cover the regulator with a plastic bag and seal it when a bottle is not connected as a pice of dirt or an insect can make its way into the regulator and the hose assembly. I'm assuming that none of the gas rings are working and that you haven't turned off a valve (gas cock).Your best bet is to loosen the hose clip the see if you can blow throw the hose and clear the obstruction.

Your best bet is to loosen the hose clip the see if you can blow throw the hose and clear the obstruction.
Bang on, carpenter. Did the job. Someone pass the polo mints. <cough>