Suppliers of RSJ's from Heiton Steel.

hayabusa

Hi,
Planning new build at preesent. A lot of steel required due to large open are in house. Also a lot of windows and patio doors that are very wide.
One RSJ is 4 Metres lone (approx 13 feet).
Does anyone have any recommondations on where to get this steel. I am based in the Sligo area.
I know one supplier in Castlebar. Heiton Buckley Steel.
Are they good at what they do,
Is there any other suppliers of same.
Please reply.

Thanks

It all depends if you are installing the steel yourself. If you or the builder are installing, then Heitons are grand. If you need someone to install the sections, I suggest you deal with a local engineering firm in Sligo. SF Engineering should have what you require in cut sizes

Thanks Extraspin. The blocklayer will be putting it in place. Do SF actually put the steel into position??
Anyone else with input.
Thanks,

Is this steel being sized by a structural engineer, if so will you reguire padstones?

Theres a guy in Ballagh that will supply and fit, found him very reasonable. We had about a dozen RSJ's in our build. Some where over 5m long.

I'd imagine the price of steel has gone up alot recently. PM me if you want his number, as I only have his mobile.

Thanks Querty,
Can you please send me his number as I will get a price from him.
The question was asked about padstones and yes there will be some padstones used in the build but not all of them have padstones.
Just another question, If i am putting in 2 RSJ's over a wide door 4 metres wide, I place on RSJ on the inner cavity wall and another on the outer cavity wall. Do these need to be strapped or bolted down or will the wall above support this. ??

Thanks

Folks,
I was asking in the last post "If i am putting in 2 RSJ's over a wide door 4 metres wide, I place one RSJ on the inner cavity wall and another on the outer cavity wall. Do these need to be strapped or bolted down or will the wall above support this". Can someone please give me input on this.

Also when it comes to plastering the outside of the house the RSJ will have to be filled in before plastering over it. I know that some people fill it with Marine ply. However I do not knoe exactly how to do this. Has anyone done this in the past. Also how does the cavity insulation fit in. Is the cavity between the 2 RSJ's completly filled with insulation.??

Thanks.

Back