Suppliers / Installers in D14.

G

Galtymore Ki

Hi,

We're about to get the keys to our new house in Churchtown, D14. It needs a lot of renovation and I'd like to use local suppliers as opposed to the the large multinationals / glorified warehouses. I don't have anything against them, I just find that sometimes you can get a better service and price from someone local. Here's a list of what we're going to be doing if you can add some recommendations that'd be great.

Tasks:
  • Re-wire
  • Replace entire heating system, install U/F heating in kitchen, solar panels, wood pellet burner etc, new rads, immersion & control
  • New kitchen, including appliances
  • Wooden floors, Tiling & carpets
  • New uPVC double glazed windows & doors
  • New bathroom
  • Plastering / making good
  • House alarm
  • Replace flat roof on converted garage.
As you can see there's a lot going on so any suggestions for suppliers / installers in the area would appreciated.

Thanks!

James.

Cathal for your Kitchen - 0872902692 (very good price and quality)
Robbie for painting - 0872209227

I'm based in dundrum and these guys are local.

We also use a good reliable plumber, I'll try to get his number.

hi Doberden,

I'm really hoping you get back with number for a plumber in D14 as I'm running out of time for getting one for a fitted kitchen.

L

Hi,

We're about to get the keys to our new house in Churchtown, D14. It needs a lot of renovation and I'd like to use local suppliers as opposed to the the large multinationals / glorified warehouses. I don't have anything against them, I just find that sometimes you can get a better service and price from someone local. Here's a list of what we're going to be doing if you can add some recommendations that'd be great.

Tasks:
  • Re-wire
  • Replace entire heating system, install U/F heating in kitchen, solar panels, wood pellet burner etc, new rads, immersion & control
  • New kitchen, including appliances - Expert Electrical in Rathmines for Appliances...can guarantee you save a couple of hundred on several appliances
  • Wooden floors, Tiling & carpets - Mulveys in Ranelagh for Wooden Floors -good advice and good prices.
  • New uPVC double glazed windows & doors
  • New bathroom
  • Plastering / making good
  • House alarm
  • Replace flat roof on converted garage.
As you can see there's a lot going on so any suggestions for suppliers / installers in the area would appreciated.

Thanks!

James.

Some suggestions given above James - wouldn't recommend unless I thought they were the business...Good luck with the workload!

James,

I live in Dundrum and recently had a bathroom supplied and installed by Bray Bathrooms and Tiles. Freddie English is the guy to talk to there. Their work was excellent. They also tiled my kitchen and plastered the walls.

For doors, i'd recommend going to Doorstep beside the Green Isle Hotel in Tallaght. I had all my interior doors supplied and fitted at a very reasonable price. Most places in dublin cost you an arm and a leg by the time they factor in the cost of handles, hinges etc. Doorstep gave me an all-in price (including fitting) that came in way below every other door store I visited.

Both of these places actually turned up when they said they would, and did exactly what was asked with little fuss. From bitter experience i've found that this is increasingly rare in Celtic Tiger Dublin

I have removed the off topic posts relating to sarcasm etc.

One of those contained a link to www.homewise.ie in case that's of any use.

Can we keep it on topic now please. Thanks.

Galtymore - I have a great contact that could help you out with alot of the above. PM me for their details.

Back