SuperValu underweight on their salmon offer.

SlugBreath

I saw that SuperValu were having a special 50% off discount on smoked salmon during the week. I headed to my local SuperValu and they had about 20 or so packets of the sliced salmon on display. Each indicated that the weight was 370g. Sad and suspicious person that I am I decided to weigh a few of them before I purchased. I popped them on the scales that is reserved for weighing their vegetables. The first 6 weighed in at 350g to 354g. The 7th weighed in at 368g's. Was the scales wrong or were we shortchanged on this salmon offer?

Incidentally if anyone knows an email contact for SuperValu customer service I would appreciate if they could give me a link.

I saw that SuperValu were having a special 50% off discount on smoked salmon during the week. I headed to my local SuperValu and they had about 20 or so packets of the sliced salmon on display. Each indicated that the weight was 370g. Sad and suspicious person that I am I decided to weigh a few of them before I purchased. I popped them on the scales that is reserved for weighing their vegetables. The first 6 weighed in at 350g to 354g. The 7th weighed in at 368g's. Was the scales wrong or were we shortchanged on this salmon offer?

Incidentally if anyone knows an email contact for SuperValu customer service I would appreciate if they could give me a link.

Good weekend then!!

supervalu@musgravegroup.com

I could tell you about the woman in Lidl Stillorgan last Thursday that coughed over anything and everything and everybody and then proceeded to kiss a friend on both cheeks that she met when she reached the checkouts. Not once did she cover her mouth when spraying. Listen I can leave Victor Meldrew in the shade when it comes to stuff like this.

...Each indicated that the weight was 370g. ... The first 6 weighed in at 350g to 354g. The 7th weighed in at 368g's.
I would always assume the weight was the weight without packaging so (assuming you didn't unpack each of them before weighing instore...) that is seriously underweight - did you weigh the actual amount of salmon without packaging when you got home?

Back