Supercdworld

kellyj

Anyone out there heard of supercdworld.com? I regularly use cdwow and bangcd with 100% success. While hung over yesterday morning I got an e-mail in about supercdworld.com. Checked them out. All looked to be OK. With any opening offer of 5% and prices comparable to the other aforementioned sites I went ahead and made a purchase. Again the transaction went through as expected - as with cdwow and bangcd they use WorldPay. However I have yet to receive an e-mail confirming the transaction, which with the other 2 is usually instantaneous. I plan to ring my credit card provider in the morning to cancel the transaction as my present gut feeling is that I've been done. In addition Googling supercdworld didn't inspire too much confidence.

Last edited:
My advice would be to cancel the transaction. The site is registered to the address provided on the website but to a highly suspect gmail address.

On mature reflection it definitely looks like they are a phishing site. Their mock up of the payment page (which is supposed to be worldpay.com) is pretty impressive but it does not display the lock symbol. Had to cancel the credit card to be sure to be sure. Fortunately no malicious payments were in the pipeline before I done so.

I've had a few emails from this site in the past - co-incidentally shortly after I've bought from bangCD...

I got an email from them too and had been considering using them but not if the website isn't secure.

CDWow have seriously gone downhill. I'm now waiting 7 weeks for the final part of an order and they're not responding to emails.

Back