Super junior minister

NOAH

Not read all the blurb but looks like enda has found another way to give a salary increase. I wonder how long more before the ecb/imf step in??

Noah,

what are you talking about now?

Care to give a source, or a name, or a Euro salary amount, or is this just your regular Tuesday afternoon Public Service rant?

Labour TD Jan O'Sullivan has been appointed as the "super junior" minister at Cabinet.
Following today's meeting, ministers decided to promote Ms O'Sullivan to replace Willie Penrose, who resigned earlier this year.

So is the issue that Willie Penrose got goodbye money and a payoff and now Jan O'Sullivan is getting her salary bumped?

I love a good rant NOAH and yours is a pretty poor attempt

just tell me in a few words what will a super junior minister actually do and as an add on, tell me why was it introduced in the first place and by whom? Then you will understand why I am ranting.

Its an out and out insult to the intelligence of the electorate and its giving two fingers to our great leaders statement " No more cronyism etc etc " A total and utter joke. Austerity budget , yeah for all you out there but not us.

That position is a total no no and is a fob to allow another pay increase.

With crowd like this in government we can see why the CP agreement is untouchable.

I could go on

It was introduced by the previous government if I am not mistaken.

It was introduced by the previous government if I am not mistaken.

The Rainbow Coalition from the 1990s created the position to allow Pat Rabbitte sit at Cabinet so that Prionsias De Rossa would not be isolated as the only Democratic Left Cabinet Minister.

They can participate in the Cabinet meetings but do not have a vote, if one is needed for a decision.

What annoys me is the way the junior Ministers are referred to as Minister. You're either a Minister, or you're not and they're not.

Her position remains a Minister for State. She is not a member of Cabinet.
I think it's a bit silly but I understand the need to stroke egos to allow Coalition government's to get along nicely, so cant get worked up about it ( compared to some
of the outrageous stuff the governments do that really does get me angry).

However, the OP raises an interesting point. I would be interested in knowing if the salary is different to the other Ministers for State.