sunroom

D

Darran

Hi all,
Just looking for advise on building an extenstion/sunroom to the back of my house. I live in a mid terraced house, and need the extra space, would be looking to build 12ft X 11ft sunroom with double doors to the side and windows at gable and and ethier side of the doors. At the moment of have decking were the new sunroom well go, but the way I see it a room will be a lot more use to us then the decking which we hardly used this summer! anyway so that will have to go or moved some were else. Just wanting to find out has anybody done this in the past, how much would it cost, do I need planning and do I have to say it to next door before we start work to see want they say?

Any info welcome.
Cheers Darran.

In relation to planning have a look at PL5http://www.environ.ie/en/DevelopmentandHousing/PlanningDevelopment/Planning/PlanningLeaflets/ (here)

Thanks for this a very good website with the info to download in pdf format. This covers the palnning end of it anyway.
Cheers D

We built a sunroom on the back of our house earlier in the year, similar size to that and we did not need planning permission.

We paid 24K but that was 2006 price, I believe it has gone up to 27K with the company we used. if you want further details just PM me, not too sure about "advertising" in a post, although I have no affiliation what so ever.

Loaded1973, if you have no affiliation, then you are welcome to post these details.
Leo

Irish Conservatory and decking center. ph: 01 4504338
(In bluebell, Dublin 12)
The price was for a 12x12 sunroom, tiled roof, pebble dashed exterior to match existing house. Plastered interior, laminate floor, skirting, downlighters, sockets, 2 velux windows, and 12x12 decking in garden and a new garden gate, excellent build quality. 3.5 weeks from start to finish. they gave us 2 extra sockets (one exterior) and relaid our paving slabs to make a new path up the garden at no extra cost. Workers very plesant and tidy, salesmen a bit smarmy but easy enough to deal with.