Sunroom roof: concrete roof tile or plastic coated tin? heat retention?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hopalong

hope to have a sunroom built on to my house this year.the salesman is offering two types of roofing.one is normal roof tile,the other is cheaper and is a steel poly coated type,i,m wondering which is the best as i want to maintain the best heat retention that i can.also will i lose heat using velux windows.thanks for any replies.

Re: sunroom

Hi there - we're looking at a sun roof too at the moment- 12' * 12' two velux windows, tiled roof (to match tiles on house already). Been quoted around €27K which I am assuming can knock down another €1.5 or so. One radiator, some plugs, down lights, one set of double doors opening to garden.

How much are you being quoted (and for what size) if you don't mind me asking?

In response to your question would n't know enough to answer...

hi,our quote is 27,600€ for 15 1/2ft x 13ft.thats for a lightweight roof,its 29,600€ fot a tiled one.have you heard of a lightweight roof?velux x 2,rad x2,downlights x6,3 ft path all round

Thanks for the info.

The company we were looking at did a tin or steel roof shaped to look like roof tiles - it was lightweight version - and they said it would be about 3k cheaper - I did not ask them anything about it though because I preferred the look of the heavier ones

Status
Not open for further replies.