Sunny Beach, Bulgaria

abbie

Has anyone been to the Suuny Beach area of Bulgaria - thinking of going mid September - is there much to do over there and what would the weather be like over there at that time of year?

It was not very nice around six years ago. Not sure what its like now. The food, accomodation and service was all awful.

I've been to Bulgaria a lot as I have an apartment there but would certainly not go to Sunny Beach. It's far too crowded and it's starting to get too expensive (still cheap for us but relatively expensive compared to other resorts). Also, there's a lot of construction going on there at the moment.

If I were you I would fly in to Varna and stay somewhere close to Golden Sands. Much nicer area and resort and Varna is a great city.

Was there at the end of May to look at an apartment. Decent enough place. Depends on what you want from your holiday. Very good if you have children and like spending the day on a beach. Lots for the children to do in the town. My brother-in law and his family went last year and loved it. He is going again this year.
Not really my bag for a weeks holiday though.

Hi abbie, i was there last july and i would say its like all holiday resorts, horses for courses. In total we had a group of 22 made up of young chrildern, teenagers, young couples, and older married couples.I personaly enjoyed it, but would not be rushing back as i did not like the food.There are plenty of bars and things to do so you wont be bored. You should check out the holidaytruths web site and that will tell you every thing you need to know. I have been to far better resorts myself,but thats only my openion. P.S. THE BULGARIAN MAFIA RUN EVERYTHING.

Thanks for all the replies - i think i'll reconsider.
Holiday truth v.good website.

Mid-September you won't get the best weather, sometimes it is warm, but more often it rains. The resorts officially close at 15th Sept so there is little to do in a resort place after 1st September.

I'd agree with Doberden, you'll be better off going to Varna or Golden Sands (17 km north of Varna, there are buses and taxies to there) as there will be more nightclubs/restaurants open. End of August is much better time to go, not to hot and still "busy"

abbie, six 30 year old adults in sunny beach mid september dosent sound right to me. The episode of father ted comes to mind, where they were playing hide and seek in the caravan as well as the riverdance. I think it might be a bit too quiet. Cheers.

Thanks for all your replies - done a bit of homework myself - Bulgaria totally out of the question.