Sunny Beach, Bulgaria - Review/Comments?

gipimann

I'm thinking about a week's hols in Bulgaria in May at the Sunny Beach resort. There's an all-inclusive package available at the Hotel Amfora Beach.

I checked tripadvisor for a review but nobody has posted one yet. Has anyone in AAM-land been to that hotel, or to the resort?

I'm not the "young and lively" type, so beloved of the holiday brochures, just want a quiet week with some sunshine, good food and a few glasses of vino!

Thanks!

was in Sunny Beach last May. Very very quiet at this time of year. Was there for a quiet week too. Alot of sleazy men hang around the place and leer even if you are covered head to toe. Also quite alot of prostitution around. Most restaurants are very quiet in May and some may not even be open. Alot cater for german. Portions small in most restaurants. Dont know your hotel. We stuck to our hotel most nights but there is a fab mexican right in the centre by the main mcdonalds (cant remember the name) and the pizza place (looks like a castle) is lovely. Also, the cocktails are fab & cheap out there.

We were there last August it was very busy then. Stayed at the Majestic hotel it was super. Meals are Buffet . Lots of differant types of food . Something to suit everyone,

The link worked, thank you, and there's certainly lots to take in with those reviews!

Thanks to all for your comments/observations.

would not recommend Bulgaria if you are looking for good food.....found the majority of restaurants and food quality awful...very disappointing...otherwise found the people friendly...in particular the prostitutes who continually harrassed my 69 year old (embarrassed) father!

I'm not well travelled but just wondering if the approaches of prostitutes goes on in all sun destinations.

Back