Sunday Times article on Noonan's Dail comments on mortgage rates

KOW

I nearly got sick when I read Minister Noonans comments on Mortgage cuts in todays Sunday Times in the business section.
Claiming "that many borrowers are content with rates that are the highest in Europe" Average 4.08% versus eurozone average of 2.07%.
Mr Brendan Burgess goes on to rubbish the ministers claims. Fine Gael more gains in latest opinion poll.
What do people be thinking?
By the way I dont have a mortgage bar a tracker on a RIP. The most vulnerable in society are getting screwed.

To keep it simple vulture fund buys over 200000 euro loan at say 50c in the euro It costs them 100000 euro.
A family genuinely struggling looses there home because they simply cannot pay a 200000 mortgage. They could afford to pay a 100000 mortgage.
Instead throw them out and let Welfare now pay the rent at lets just say 1450euro per month for ever. Am I missing something?
Makes a lot of sense Mr Noonan.

DCD - that's sickening alright - but so true.....

On a similar tangent...A company in South Afirca can audit the whole trail of a mortgage (costs 1200 though) - they chase back through everything and find out who it was sold onto.....find out how much the banks and buyers have made on your borrowings....

Sickening to be chased for 000,000's when banks have already in effect been paid for the loan!!!

Did we not Capitalize Mr Bank to help sort issues like this?

People with mortgages are therefore being screwed twice ?

And the Lefties are loonies?