Sunday morning breakfast in Upper Baggot Street area

Firefly

Hi,

Travelling to Dublin soon and will need a nice brekkie in the Upper Baggot Street / Ballsbridge area of Dublin on a Sun morning. Any recommendations? There used to be a small place behind AIB (towards St Mary's Road)..anyone know if it's still there?

Thanks,
F.

It has been called the Expresso Bar for some time now.

[broken link removed]

I have had lunch there, but not breakfast.

Brendan

That's the one, thanks.

The speil is putting me off though I must say..

"Weekend brunch is a must. The place to be seen, and you never know who you're going to meet. Always mentioned in the back of the Sunday Independent, not just for our food, but as a celebrity meeting place."

The place is full of Celtic Tiger posers in fairness. Good place to see some flash cars

There used to be a nice cafe on Mespil road, just off Baggot Street, overlooking the canal.

Eddie Rockets ?

Failing that there are a couple of cafes between Eddies & Baggot St. Bridge.

Thanks all. Generally not a fan of hotel breakfasts, but will see what the weather and energy levels are like!

the Brewbaker cafe on Nassau street is a nice little place and has a €3 full Irish breakfast special at the moment
you can find it on dealpages.ie

Hi all,

Went to the Expresso Bar yesterday for brunch and I must say it was fab. Food was delicious - pain au chocolat with eggs florentine. 2 large mugs of coffee and I was sorted. Bit of style at the place too in fairness, with a few men in their 60's dressed in suits, but that was kinda nice. Mrs F was well pleased as Jamie Heaslip was there too.

Thanks again,
Firefly.

Good to hear, interesting take on an irish breakfast though - no sausage

"A small intimate setting which attracts local business people and the ladies who lunch. It is a favourite haunt of many Irish celebrities and is frequently seen in the TV programme 'Xpose'. The press always gives favourable reviews"

UGH.

"A small intimate setting which attracts local business people and the ladies who lunch. It is a favourite haunt of many Irish celebrities and is frequently seen in the TV programme 'Xpose'. The press always gives favourable reviews"

UGH.

It's off-putting alright isn't it? Found the "diners" fine to be honest and the food was so good I'll be back. Maybe they might deliver it