Sunday morning breakfast in Upper Baggot Street area

Firefly

Hi,

Travelling to Dublin soon and will need a nice brekkie in the Upper Baggot Street / Ballsbridge area of Dublin on a Sun morning. Any recommendations? There used to be a small place behind AIB (towards St Mary's Road)..anyone know if it's still there?

Thanks,
F.

It has been called the Expresso Bar for some time now.

[broken link removed]

I have had lunch there, but not breakfast.

Brendan

That's the one, thanks.

The speil is putting me off though I must say..

"Weekend brunch is a must. The place to be seen, and you never know who you're going to meet. Always mentioned in the back of the Sunday Independent, not just for our food, but as a celebrity meeting place."

There used to be a nice cafe on Mespil road, just off Baggot Street, overlooking the canal.

Eddie Rockets ?

Failing that there are a couple of cafes between Eddies & Baggot St. Bridge.

Thanks all. Generally not a fan of hotel breakfasts, but will see what the weather and energy levels are like!

the Brewbaker cafe on Nassau street is a nice little place and has a €3 full Irish breakfast special at the moment
you can find it on dealpages.ie

Hi all,

Went to the Expresso Bar yesterday for brunch and I must say it was fab. Food was delicious - pain au chocolat with eggs florentine. 2 large mugs of coffee and I was sorted. Bit of style at the place too in fairness, with a few men in their 60's dressed in suits, but that was kinda nice. Mrs F was well pleased as Jamie Heaslip was there too.

Thanks again,
Firefly.

Good to hear, interesting take on an irish breakfast though - no sausage :confused:

"A small intimate setting which attracts local business people and the ladies who lunch. It is a favourite haunt of many Irish celebrities and is frequently seen in the TV programme 'Xpose'. The press always gives favourable reviews"

:rolleyes: UGH.

"A small intimate setting which attracts local business people and the ladies who lunch. It is a favourite haunt of many Irish celebrities and is frequently seen in the TV programme 'Xpose'. The press always gives favourable reviews"

:rolleyes: UGH.

It's off-putting alright isn't it? Found the "diners" fine to be honest and the food was so good I'll be back. Maybe they might deliver it :D

Back