Suncreams expiry

M

MarySmyth

Anyone know if suncreams have an expiry- bought some 1 and 2 years ago and was intending to bring on holidays- should we buy new? can't see any expiry dates.

There should be a little pot/lid image with 6m, 12m etc.

Once they are not opened you are fine. I never use last years unfinished suncreams.

They're not always marked with expiry dates, but 12 months is the suggested "use within" time.

A suggestion for using "out of date" suncream - it makes rather a good moisturiser!

I don't know why suncream manufacturers do not put a sealed lid on the bottles as its usually 12mths from when first opened. Also they should put a date of manufacture or expiry instead of codes, every year I end up ringing the companies when checking out the unopened ones that I would have left over from the year before.

I always go to the back of the shelf when buying suncreams and then I seal the lid with selotape when I buy them so that I know that they have not been opened (hopefully no one opened them in the shop for a smell!). I usually seal all bottle tops for packing anyway in the hope that if they get squashed they won't open.

Back