Sun tan lotion stains on white leather

Ducky

Hi,

My two year old niece had sun tan lotion on yesterday and fell asleep on my white leather sofa. It now looks like its been bleached a rusty red colour where she was lying. I've tried leather cleaner but its just not moving. Seems like its actually gone into the leather.

Anyone any ideas whether this will come off? Any idea what I could try?

I've emailed Nivea and requested a call back (can't find their number on their site) and have Accidental Insurance Cover on my house so I can probably claim off that but would rather try to get the stains removed if possible.

Just wondering if anyone has seen the problem before.

Thanks.

Ducky

Hi ducky
I dont have a white Couch, mine is Brown, and i use "Leather Master" .
This is a product for cleaning and conditioning the leather. It also comes with a lip stick type pen to remove ink marks. I would suggest if trying this, to first try on a small patch and see if it works.... Just had a look on the box, its not suitable for nubuck or suede.
www.uniters.com
Hope that helps

Brianp

Hi Brianp,

Thanks for your reply. I actually have that Leather Master myself and thats what I tried on it yesterday. Spent ages on the one spot, trying to see if it made a difference but to no avail. The marks are quite large as my niece was wearing shorts so the stains are practically the same size of a two year olds body.

Hi Brianp,

Just want to say thanks. I've tried that ink stick on again but this time just spent longer on one spot and the stain is actually coming off.

So thank you for your help.

Ducky