Sun room

cw2p

Is a Cathedral style ceiling essential in a sun room or would it look odd to have an ordinary flat ceiling. I an going to have 10ft high ceilings in the main part of my new build and I am worried that if i go for the cathedral style that it will be way too high (approx 15ft). Appreciate your opinions !

We have approx 9ft ceilings in kitchen/ Dining and have about a 17ft plus ceiling in sun lounge, it just gives a very airy feel to it, we love it. We were advised at the time to lower it, but our gut instinct was to leave it as high as possible and we're glad we stuck to our guns. Put in 4 downlighters and a light fan (modern style) in the centre.

Secman

Last edited:
I have a 15ft ceiling in sun room, room is 18 x 12, it is higher looking than I anticipated when I built it but I like it anyway. Put in recessed spotlights and no centre light which I think was a mistake as it could have taken a huge fancy light, I have seen loads since but its too awkward to fit one now.

I get a 14ft Christmas tree each year, that is what I really love it for and was part of the reason I built it.

The higher the better and be sure to put big velux windows in - they look fab and it's so bright and airy with them.

Even on a dull winters (oh ya it's actually summer) day...

have seen both types looking good - prefer high ones

but 10 ft ceiling is a lovely height anyway

Go with your gut - it is you that will live with it

Back