Sun Holiday with 4-year-old - best facilities outside of apartments/campsite

RainyDay

We're looking to book a sun holiday for the two of us plus our 4-year-old girl during the school holidays (Jul/Aug). We really enjoyed Menorca last year, mainly because just about every restaurant had facilities for kids, e.g. wendy house or bouncy castle or whatever. This took a lot of pressure off mealtimes, and allowed us to have nice relaxing desserts/coffee while watching our little girl playing around. The downside of Menorca was that it was very English-oriented (egg-and-chips menus, Emmerdale on the pub TV, lots of piercings and tattoos round the pool, and that was just the grannies).

We're thinking about somewhere like [broken link removed] for this year, but I'm just wondering if the surrounding area of Campbrils and Salou will be as child-friendly as Menorca? I'd love to hear your experiences in this area, or in other child-oriented locations in the sun.

Thanks in advance.

Have a look here on Rollercoaster - lots of suggestions and I see Cambrils Park mentioned too. [broken link removed]
I have heard good things about Camping Sanguli but have never been myself. I can relate fully to your restaurant requirements - something I think which is seriously lacking in this country !
Cambrils is more a fishing harbour type resort with lots of good restaurants
especially the fish type ! Salou is more of your typical buzzing resort full of our uk and german neighbours. I see Cambrils Park is located between the 2 which should give you good choice.
Have a look here for more info:
[broken link removed]
[broken link removed] (good forum)
Of course you have Fort Aventura nearby as well as Tarragona and Barcelona a relatively short train ride away (maybe an hour)
I was in Cambrils and Salou a few times but it's quite a while ago and certainly pre-family. As our gang are more fair skinned, we do the Centerparcs in France which we love.
PS - loved the gag about the tatoos :D

Back