Sun Holiday - Where to

S

summerflower

I need some help on where to go on hols this year. Haven't been on that many sun holidays only Spain/Turkey. Loved Turkey. Myself and my boyfriend are both in our 20's and would like some help in choosing somewhere that's affordable, with scenery, has a good atmosphere etc. but nothing like Santa Ponsa or the like, don't want any louts + not full of kids running around the place. Can you help?? Hoping to travel in June/July. Thanks

Alcudia in Majorca is lovely or Sa Coma. We have gone to lots of places in Majorca over the years. Just make sure your hotel doesn't have a kiddies club thats all.

some hotels in majorca do adult only no one allowed under 18.

How about Nice. No louts. Not a lot of kids. Very popular with couples, young and old. There are some small villages along the coast if you want to get away from it all.

I second San Torini, absolutely beautiful.

If you're looking to avoid the Santa Ponsa vibe Malta is also extremely nice, for activities there is snorkelling etc and you can do a day trip to Sicily from there which I enjoyed.

If you're thinking about South of France, renting an apartment is the way to go, did this in Cannes last September and it worked out far more reasonable than booking a hotel. I used www.holiday-rentals.co.uk (I have no affiliation with this website), they do apartments all over Europe.

So much choice, good luck to you!

I watched a sky programme the other day - 20 best islands in the world, and was surprised to see majorca mentioned, but aparently away from the Brits/Irish abroad coastal areas, its a fab looking island.

try renting a villa
try www.holidaylets.net they have some amazing ones, we have one booked for Cpyrus, 6 of us costing €250 each and that includes your car rental

Or Lanzarote. Gets a bad rap from people who've never been there but we love it. If you stay in the old town it's really quite, it's cheap, it's a duty free island. You can go snorkelling, fishing, on boat trips, diving, surfing, to see volcanoes or bodegas. The food is great and the beer is cheap. Oh yeah and the scenery is quite nice too!