Sun Holiday in March with a baby? Where?

Yellow Belly

Planning on taking my wife & 6 month old on holiday in Mid March.

Can anybody recommend a decent location with the following requirements in mind:

1. Max flying time 2-2.5hrs (this is the babies maiden flight!)
  2. Ideally to a 1bed or 2 bed apartment as we will need bottle heating facilities etc. Hard to spend a week in a hotel room with a baby.
  3. High 4 or 5 star facilities- not worried about the cost if the facilities are good
  4. Decent chance of sun (temp approx. 18-21C) would be fine
Lot of people mentioning The Canaries, but apart from flight, I have always found The Canaries too down market. If someone is aware of a luxury 5 star complex please let me know.

Any assistance gratefully accepted.

I stayed in a beautiful 5 star hotel in Lanzarote before xmas, it was in Playa Blanca - called Princess Yaiza if I recall.

Childrens pool, childrens section called Kikiland off the hotel, the hotel itself was unbelievable (i actually wondered if I was in the correct place when we checked in as it was so beautiful). Hotel had fresh water pool, salt water pool, restaurants, bars, shops, a 5 minute walk to town centre (not very big but full of designer shops etc...). Boardwalk of bars/shops/etc... The hotel rooms were like little apartments, there was a small courtyard beneath hotel proper with a couple of restaurants, you could get to it by lift, the whole place was fully wheelchair (and hence buggy) friendly, beach was below courtyard.

Basically it was dream 'flop' holiday as there was very little to do except relax in the sun or buy some designerwear. There were tours you could go on but we didnt manage to get round to that

Hotel transfer from airport was approx 40 mins in taxi.

If you google Princess Yaiza you will see the hotel - playa blanca is the quietest resort on the island - i dont believe there were any nightclubs at all.

Was in Playa Blanca last April, would agree that it's a very relaxing, quiet, laidback sort of place.

Just check out for building works in the area before you commit to anything - I was very aware of building noise (pile driver) in the distance from where I stayed (Sun Beach Apts), and there were a few sites closer to me which looked next on the list for development!

Canary islands are a bit far but is a winning bet for sun. Tenerife for city life and lanzarote or fuerteventure if you are looking for tranquility.

As Spaniard wouldn't bet for any other part of Spain. Spring can be though in the coast at times. Would tell you east coast of Spain but it is a lottery, you can have sun, but also it can be cold or having torrential rains.

I have been to lanzarote in march before with a 6month old. It was a package deal so we had an apartment cant remember the name but it was alright.

Id def think about lanzarote its lovely there weather not to hot and a bit of a breeze to keep the babs cool. My girl loved it well didnt moan much!! Lovely beaches and lots to do etc