Sun holiday for 2 women in 50's

• Thread starter Financehelp
  • Start date
F

Financehelp

I'm hoping someone can point me in the direction, my mum has asked me to book a holiday for her and a friend to the sun for a week in sept. she doesn't mind where she goes, she's only been on 2 or 3 sun hols in her lifetime and they were to the canaries so looking for somewhere other than that at a reasonable price <€500 for the week.

Any tips will be gladly received!!!

edit....not saying that my parents are 2 women in their 50's or anything!

Check out Madeira - might be slightly out of budget but a beautiful island well worth visiting.

Hi,

how about Malta. My parents went there a few years ago, and loved it.
They loved the mix of cultures, the food and the scenery, and you can do trips to other islands like Gozo aswell.
It doesnt seem to attract too many young, noisy people, so might be better for people your mum's age.

Or maybe Sicily, Sardinia, Corsica, Cyprus.

Ragazza.

How about Lake Garda in Italy? Haven't actually been myself but have heard great reports about it. Very relaxing and laid back.

Personally I love Villefranche-Sur-Mer in the south of France. Aer Lingus fly to Nice and it's about 15 minutes in a taxi to VSM. It's a small harbour with wonderful restaurants and bars. There's a beach bar where you can hire beds for the day and order your food and drink. Markets and shopping are a bus ride away in Nice. There's also an excellent rail service with a station in the town. Nice, Monaco/Monte Carlo, Antibes etc are all easy to get to. Ok now I'm getting the urge for a glass of wine relaxing in a bar by the harbour.......

Barcelona is always fantastic - you've got the beach and the city and tons of things top visit/look at. Its also a short flight. There are lots of private apartments that can work out to be very cost effective too. I have used a few so if you're interested you can pm me and I'll send you the name of the companies.

Croatia.Been there the past 2 years North and South.Not a teenage destination as far as we could see.Makarska was one place and further down south near Dubrovnik -think its called Cavtat-all very nice quiet and relaxed.
Good value too for eating etc.

Probably need to check what their likes/dislikes are first... at that time of year the best option I would think for sun would be the Canaries - I brought my Mum (70s) to Tenerife and Fuerteventura - she enjoyed both as the resorts were quiet and more suitable to the more 'mature' holidaymaker..

Might be an idea to get an idea of expected weather in September - I have spent wet weeks in Greece and Italy at that time of year

would they consider a cruise or maybe the caribbean?

Good luck with the task

Thanks for all the suggestions they've settled on Menorca, fingers crossed it'll go well or I'll be in trouble!!!