Summons for speeding

S

shingles

Hi all-would appreciate any advise on this as it is driving me mad.

I received a summons for speeding (68km in 50 zone) last week which was a shock as I never received the original fine.

I rang the garda that was mentioned in the summons and offered to pay the fine straight away as I never received it but he infomed me that it now has to go to court (is this true?). He said to find him before the case is called and we can "talk" about it.

The registration of the car is incorrect and I have tried every year to amend it but as yet the department in charge have not done it.

The address of the summons was therefore incorrect (It states a neighbouring county yet the summons found me along with all correspondence for the car like motor tax and NCT).

What are my options - I will gladly take my €80 fine and 2 penalty points and stay out of court but I have a feeling that it will go all the way.

Can I state that the summons was handed over to my parents instead of me, that the original fine and summons have the incorrect address, I never received the fine and that it is 9 months since the event (though it was processed in the district court in July).

I have a date with the court this January.

Thx a mill

In fairness I think all your queries are covered in depth in other posts, one with the same title and "Court Summons Stressed Out"

Back