Summer SUN Holiday

sully

Anyone got any recommendations for sun holidays in July/August that are quite reasonable.

Quotes i am looking at
€1900 for 2 to bulgaria at start of July
Malta €1400 for 2 adults

i still think there is better value than that out there,

any ideas people?

just want a sun holiday thats cheap and cheerful,

Thanks,
Sully

I've spent some time recently checking out summer sun holidays for myself and my partner. I've been to Lanzarote, Portugal and Puerto Rico in the last couple of years and was checking out prices for each of these as we would go back to any of the three. The cheapest is Puerto Rico at 1132 euro for 2 people and the most expensive was Lanzarote at 1368. Keep shopping around, I got hugely varying prices so make sure to check several travel agencies.

You could look to do the arranging yourself, i.e. book the flights and accomodation yourself. We always do this and have always ended up in a much better standard of accomodation.

Google for accom in your destination of choice and book your flights online.

Just my experience, others will differ or will not want the 'hassle' of doing it themselves.

Good luck where ever you choose.

Totally agree with Mark - we've organised our own hols. for a number of years and I have never looked outside of [broken link removed] (Check"My travel dates are flexible" when picking your flight to see the cheapest ones - you say you can go in July or August ) and http://www.holiday-rentals.co.uk/

We usually go to Spain because the choice of accomodation is excellent and the standard superb with great weather too - there are also several airports you can fly to in Spain and all flights are in our around the three hour mark - hard to beat imo if as you say its the sun you are after and not too expensive.

Gohop.ie again sorry but it has the deals.. here are some deals for a specific date in July.. 7th I think.. You need to research this yourself though.. as package prices depend specifically on dates. Link as follows.
[broken link removed]

Prices are based on two travelling. Supplements may apply. Flights and accommodation for 7 Nights.

Morocco €439
Majorca €457
Tunisia €467
Turkey €499
Gran Canaria €529
Fuerteventura €539
Lanzarote €539
Algarve €549
Tenerife €549
Costa Blanca €549
Ibiza €559
Madeira €565
Costa Del Sol €567
Menorca €569
Lisbon €579
Crete €579
Costa Dorada €587
Cyprus €589
Bulgaria 5€99
Zakynthos €619
Sicily €619
Egypt €629
Montenegro €629
Rhodes €639
Corfu €639
Italy €649
Sardinia Italy €649
Costa De Almeria €677
Dubrovnik €699
Slovenia €719
Croatia €729

Terms & conditions
  1. Price and availability information were correct at the date of polling from the Tour operators system. Prices shown represent the base price as certain tour operators can charge addition fees for under occupancy, tickets on departure, transfers upon arrival, in flight meals and insurance optionals. The total cost of your holiday will be confirmed at time of booking.
  2. Prices are roundtrip per person. Most rates shown are based on two people sharing however some packages are based on four or more people sharing. Supplements may be applicable for fewer adults. Any supplements will be confirmed at the time of booking by ou reservation agents.
You can call these folk on 01-2412362

bonvoyage

Have you any relationship with gohop.ie which you and chacrastor seem to be recommending heavily on askaboutmoney?

Brendan

Booking yourself is the way to go...

For the last few years I have booked July/August breaks for my wife, two kids and myself. We always flew with Ryanair/Aer Lingus and usually stay in a 4 star hotel half board. Average cost about 1,400. The last package holiday I booked was with Falcon Premier Hotels and Villas. I paid 2,500 (A few years ago) for similar standard accomodation that I am booking myself now.

Some great websites out there for information on what hotels are good/bad, Resort reviews etc...

Also you generally get a good flight time (Not at midnight or 6am as with some of the charter flights)

In relation to question about Gohop.ie, yes close friend works for them and I like picking her brain to help people out with concrete travel suggestions. If that is not cool let me know and I will stop straight away.. Sincerely bonvoyage123. As for chacrastor not sure what the craic is there. I imagine he has used them and found them worth referring.

Back