Suitable oven temperature to equal BBQ for food?

Caveat

Slightly strange one maybe.

Optimistically, we have loads chicken pieces and veg marinating that we intended to BBQ tonight. As this is looking less and less like an option we're probably just going to throw it all in the oven.

Considering that there is a sticky tomatoey marinade all over everything that I don't want to burn or dry up, what do people reckon is a suitable temperature to approximate the BBQ?

I'm thinking lowish, say around 160C, for about 45 minutes maybe.

Any ideas?

If you have a le crueset casserole or something similar, put it all in and let it cook, then with about 10mins before serving put on a hot tray at 190 degrees.

If the bbq was next weekend, you'd be buying sun cream!-
[broken link removed] - seems we're in for a good decent dry and fairly sunny period from tomorrow afternoon with just some cloud light showers tues / wed.

Thanks - what temp. do you reckon for the initial cooking though and for how long?

The beauty of Le creuset style casseroles is they will retain all the moisture even if its left in longer than normal.

I'd go for 160 for about an hour & 15 min assuming approx. 2kg of chicken.

Thanks very much mcaul.

Don't have le creuset but an OK stoneware dish - should I cover for the first cooking period do you think?

Back