Suggestions for weekend break?

Gulliver1

Hi guys,

I am considering going away for a weekend at the end of January and was wondering if anyone would have good suggestions as to a destination?

I was in Krakow last January for a long-weekend and would like to try somewhere new. I am willing to try anywhere, save for the U.K., Scotland and Wales (been there and done that).

It will only be for 2 nights and it will be for my girlfriend and I (it is her birthday).

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Budapest, Barcelona, Paris, Rome, Prague, Amsterdam.......all good places for a w/end.
If you went to Krakow last year cold weather doesn't seem to bother you.
Why not look up & see where you can get cheap flights to? If the flights are cheap maybe then you can splash out on a nice hotel & it's a good time of year for bargains.

I had a two night break in Paris last year and went to the Moulin Rouge on one of the nights - would hightly recommend it. Wonderful city and the likely cold damp weather of late January seems to make it even more attractive!

Venice. It would be quiter at this time of year. Beautiful city. Check the Aer Lingus sale.

If this is a new girlfriend, and if you haven't yet taken her to Paris, then its a no-brainer. Paris is the city for lovers.