Suggestions for paint colour for sittingroom.

fobs

We want to paint our sittingroom as it has gotten grubby looking . It is currently painted Natural Saffron (dark cream) but am sick of this shade. We have terracotta sofas with a hint of green and the curtains are dark cream background with a touch of green and terracotta on them.

We have oak floors/fireplace,we cannot afford to change the curtains or sofas so wanted some inspiration on picking paint colour that would give the room a lease of life.

Any ideas?

why not paper a wall? its def different and i know a couple who then framed the wall paper and hung that up on another wall!! really modernised the room and becuase only papered one wall its was cheap enough! just a suggestion! :D

I have oak floors, creme curtains and beige/brown couches. The colour I have on the wall is pebble beach from Fleetwood. I'd say it would match your colours very well.

why not just paint one wall the colour of the sofa say the wall of the fireplace and paint the rest of the walls a dark cream.it gives a totally fresh look.

Unless I see the room & Sofa I would not be able to give you accurate advice. Going on what you described, I'd suggest maybe a very pale plumb. Lilac might be a bit "cold".
Hope I Could help.
Alan

Back