Suggestions for e-mail newsletter software?

Marianne

Has anyone got any recommendations for a package that will allow me to (a) compile and maintain a list of my clients' e-mail addresses (with their permission, of course) and (b) create an e-mail newsletter to send to them every couple of months?

There would be around six hundred addresses so I don't really want to use Outlook and MS Publisher. I think my e-mail server might block a bulk mailing as spam anyway.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Can't you set up a group address on the server and have it distribute the email to all members of that group? What you send them and how you create the content is another matter.

Check out this site http://www.newsweaver.ie/
My workplace uses this crowd, and I find it pretty good for bulk e-mail newsletter type stuff. I don't have any idea of the cost though unfortunately, sorry!

Thanks very much for the replies so far.

I've seen Newsweaver newsletters and also Microsoft's List Builder package but they're both priced on a monthly subscription basis. Call me cheap if you like, but I don't see the advantage in paying every month for something that I will hopefully use for many years. It would work out VERY expensive, and I just don't see the added value. I'd prefer to buy a package, learn how to use it and then use it for as long as I need to, buying upgrades along the way if needs be. I don't pay a monthly subscription for use of MS Word, Excel or Publisher, so I don't see why a Newsletter and List Manager should be any different.

Or maybe get a package for free. I'm looking at the phplist and dadamail sites. I can't make sense of dadamail and I love the blurb that it's not really a piece of software, it's a work of art. Right on, brother.

phplist looks interesting, although I may need to get some help as my technical skills are somewhat limited.

Anyway - thanks again, and keep the suggestions coming!