Suggestions for a week in the sun late September

R

Red76

Hi,

My wife and I have one week's holidays left to take in late September. We would like to get some guaranteed sun in a quiet location to unwind. Our main criteria would be weather, quiet location, nice beach, good food. Budget of about €1200 - €1400 for both of us. Ideally we are looking for a nice quiet hideaway - away from the normal run of the mill resort locations. A lot to ask I know!

On the recommendation of a work colleague, myself and himself just booked a week in Mazzaron, Spain. Booked it ourselves. We are flying into Mercia Airport (ryanair) hiring a car and driving down(only bout an hours drive). The region is Costa Calida. Its supposed to be a nice quiet area, with loads of beaches and good food. We just wanted somewhere warm and quiet. Booked 7 nights in a 3star hotel(found it on tripadvisor). Flights, Accom, Car Hire and Travel Insurance is costing us €340 each!! Flying out 19th Sept and it cannot come quick enough

We were in C'an Pastilla in Majorca in May and it is lovely and quiet. It is on the beach, with Palma city just a stone's throw away and a busier resort on the other side so it was the best of both worlds really. Ryanair flight to palma cost €250 for both, a €13 taxi ride and hotel (half board) worked out at €350 for the two of us. Okay so that was in May but there are good bargains to be had with a bit of scouting on the net.