Suggestions for a week in the sun late September

R

Red76

Hi,

My wife and I have one week's holidays left to take in late September. We would like to get some guaranteed sun in a quiet location to unwind. Our main criteria would be weather, quiet location, nice beach, good food. Budget of about €1200 - €1400 for both of us. Ideally we are looking for a nice quiet hideaway - away from the normal run of the mill resort locations. A lot to ask I know!

On the recommendation of a work colleague, myself and himself just booked a week in Mazzaron, Spain. Booked it ourselves. We are flying into Mercia Airport (ryanair) hiring a car and driving down(only bout an hours drive). The region is Costa Calida. Its supposed to be a nice quiet area, with loads of beaches and good food. We just wanted somewhere warm and quiet. Booked 7 nights in a 3star hotel(found it on tripadvisor). Flights, Accom, Car Hire and Travel Insurance is costing us €340 each!! Flying out 19th Sept and it cannot come quick enough :)

We were in C'an Pastilla in Majorca in May and it is lovely and quiet. It is on the beach, with Palma city just a stone's throw away and a busier resort on the other side so it was the best of both worlds really. Ryanair flight to palma cost €250 for both, a €13 taxi ride and hotel (half board) worked out at €350 for the two of us. Okay so that was in May but there are good bargains to be had with a bit of scouting on the net.

Back