Suggestion for the Caribbean

You could try Mexico. Lot's of all-inclusive hotels on the Caribbean coast for honeymooners. Avoid Cancun is my advice, it's overpriced and gone downhill in the past few years, but Playa del Carmen is a great place (with Playacar nearby for the top hotels) - plenty of sightseeing in Yucatan, Mexico too... You will get guaranteed sunshine, probably a little (heavy & shortlived) rain, but hurricanes are not something to worry too much about in August..

Look to the indian ocean for this time of year for great weather - Mauritius or the Maldives look fantastic..

We went to St Lucia in June - but I really wouldn't go to the carib any later than this, as you are into Rainy season, regardless of the huricanes it will be very wet - we even had 1 full day of rain in June.

Please don't be put off the Caribbean - it's a paradise.

Do consider where you will go. As someone already mentioned Trinidad and Tobago are below the hurricane belt as is Barbados!! This is true!!

We got married in Barbados in August 10 years ago and we're hoping to go back this year to celebrate our 10th anniversary with our 2 little girls. We stayed at The Almond Beach Village which was heavenly. Don't be too tempted by the sister resort Almond Beach Club which has a no kids policy - it's not a patch on the Village. Well it's lovely but the Village has the restaurants and so much more. It also has designated kids areas and some of the pools no kids are allowed. It's a magical place. We have fantastic memories of it.

I've also seen on the web recently that The Almond Beach Village is one of the best value All-Inclusive resorts. We had a very quiet time there. Very much sun, sea and sand - well pool actually, the sand was a bit too hot on the feet. We did a little snorkelling, learnt how to scuba dive and could use the watersports facilities on the beach free. A little extra for a scuba trip in the sea. We weren't looking for lots more activities so I can't comment on whether or not they're available or the quality.

Don't be turned off the caribbean. We honeymooned in barbados in August and the weather was absolutely fabulous. When it did rain, (which was very seldom) it was early in the morning beofre we had left our apartment. It would downpour for about 1 minute and then the ground would dry up in less than 5 minutes to be bone dry as if it had never rained at all. And that was it! We stayed at Bougainvillea Beach Resort and it was great. http://www.bougainvillearesort.com/ The rooms were spotless and spacious.The resort is literally on the beach so no big trek to get to it. It is there when you step out. (you'll see straight away how close the beach is if you look at their website)We could see both the pool and the sea from our room balcony. The resort also had a swim up bar. After you've lazed on the beach for a week... We did a bus tour of the island (Ted's Tours). He was quite a character! We would have gone to see a cricket match in bridgetown just to sample the atmosphere cos the barbadians are mad into their cricket but there was none on at the time we were there.We visited Sandy Lane. Went on a luxurious catamaran boat trip. Mr. Carto went snorkelling and said he saw more fish there than he did at the great barrier reef in Oz! We went to the capital Bridgetown for a day. Went on a submarine that runs out of Bridgetown! That was pretty cool! If you want to hire a car they also drive on the left hand side of the road.
www.insandouts-barbados.com
www.barbados.org
www.barbadosturfclub.com
www.divebarbados.net

I'm sure there is probably even more to do there than we managed to do.I loved Barbados and would love to go back some time.