Suggest a mobile for hard-of-hearing?

AlastairSC

I need a mobile phone with a loud in-call volume as I can't really hear my present one clearly any more :(. I have to put everything on speakerphone to hear them. (I do have hearing aids but they cause hum when the phone is brought near so no go. Cheaper to change the phone than the aids!).

Dropped into my local phone shop and they're checking for me but advice welcome from those with wide experience of mobiles.

At least I can still read mails!

You can adjust volume up to level 5 but this may still not be loud enough for your needs. What about activating vibrating alert which could be more useful. Also some Nokia models have flashing light alert

Tonora, it's not the ringing tone I need to hear better but the caller's voice. Sorry - should have made that clearer. Have tested volume of a few at my local phone shop (very obliging people) but none can be put high enough for me.

Clubman, thanks for that thoughful suggestion and link. My present "personal stereo system" is too small to have a T-switch - they tend to be standard on larger aids; witness the need to have loud volume as I take the aid out on one side to use the phone without a hum.

Reckon it's time to upgrade my stuff to something a bit larger with room for a telecoil. Oh well.....

Back