Submitting the right photo for the US visa lottery

Calico

According to their instructions it has to be 2 inches by 2 inches (50mm x 50mm) square. Does anyone know where I can get one? Passport photos are rectangular....

Provided one of the sides is at least 2 inches can you not just cut to size

Passport photos are rectangular....

I think Irish regulations state that passports photos must be rectangle because we all have long faces! The Americans smile more, and in doing so bring up their chins which allows them to use the square pictures.

If you are in Dublin there is a chemist opposite the American embassy that does a roaring trade doing them

If you contact the US Embassy they should be able to tell you which Photographers they recommend to visa applicants, I remember when I was applying for my Greencard there was a place on Westmoreland Street, I think we had to show one of our ears in the photo so other than size your head shot was at an odd angle, funny...and of course more expensive than the usual photo booth snaps.

I think Irish regulations state that passports photos must be rectangle because we all have long faces! The Americans smile more, and in doing so bring up their chins which allows them to use the square pictures.
Crackin up here..is this true? "Why the long face?".."eh..im irish"!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back