Subaru Impreza V's Ford Mondeo

you could get the Forrester - same engine as the impreza but not the same image.
Alternatively what about a Golf GTI - will be good to drive but won't have the toe-rag image.

you could get the Forrester - same engine as the impreza but not the same image.
Alternatively what about a Golf GTI - will be good to drive but won't have the toe-rag image.

Forrester has a pants interior - pure plastic, a jiggly ride, and eats fuel. 30k p.a. in one would be a pain. A decent spec. is also quite pricey.

GTI is good, but it's no high mileage rep mobile.

Running costs would be relatively high on both these cars.

Personally, I'd be delighted if my sales rep turned up in an Imprezza rather than a Mondeo..I'd be happy he wasnt bowing to usual convention...In fact I seem to remember a major supplier rep having an Imprezza and when he took us out to lunch we always wanted go to in his car!

a non turbo Impreza is a heap of crap in my opinion. Drove the 1.6 and 2.0L non turbos and to be honest they were a horrible car to drive.

a non turbo Impreza is a heap of crap in my opinion. Drove the 1.6 and 2.0L non turbos and to be honest they were a horrible car to drive.

Yes I'd have to agree. An Impreza without a turbo has nothing going for it. It's not fast, terrible interior, looks awful and gives off the wrong impression. Of the two the Mondeo would be the place I'd rather be doing 50k p.a. It's an excellent drivers car. I'd go for a 1.8 or 2.0l engine though.

there's lots of choices you can do if you're not paying for it, performance and comfort then why not b'mer or passat personally I would not go past Vauxhall Monaro.

It's been a while since the OP, but I'll reply anyway. I've had 5 Imprezas (all high end turbo models). If I had a choice between the 2 cars you have then I'd go for the Mondeo. your running costs will be far less and IMHO it'll be a better car. The only Impreza worth having really is a turbo model if you're after a bit of performance.

Check with a Subaru dealer - there Impreza is being replaced in sept and the dealer was telling me yesterday that the prices of the existing model will drop (the new Impreza is supposed to be very good and worth waiting for)

If you have other options the BMW 320d is a great car to drive with a great engine and 60 mpg out of town. If you go for the Subaru ger the WRX !!!

I have just bought a subaru after having a mondeo, and apart from the fact that the scooby has just a little extra kick on taking off and the ins charging me 40€ for the fact it was a scooby even though it was lesser cc, i would find no diff