Subaru Impreza V's Ford Mondeo

P

poreilly101

I am looking for some advice on what car to choose.

It will be a company car, doing aprox 50’000 km per year.

I’m 27 year old male with no children so this may be a considering factor.

The two cars I am looking at is the Ford Mondeo and A Subaru Impreza. Two very different types of car.

Subaru Impreza 2.0RX (160 bhp - 4wd) V’s Ford Mondeo 1.6 (125 bhp - New 07 model)

It'screature comforts or performance .....

Should I be looking at something else that is within the price range of above?

You must be mad! Why on earth would you consider a Mondeo if you can choose a Scooby?

Do you know anything about the differences between them?

On the otherhand; maybe your a Sales Rep. for motor insurance in which case turning up to your clients place in a Scooby might be a little brash!

are you just limited to these 2?
If so the Subaru would be my choice. You might never get the chance again to have one.

I had three new Mondeo's , auto 2l's,and was very happy with them.Travelled all over Europe( well not all), and when I did prang one there was always help nearby. I'm retired now so I have downsized to a Focus.

If someone else is paying the insurance go for the Impreza and don't tell anyone you were also considering a mondeo.

Hard to make a comparison.

The new Mondeo will be a good car. 1.6 may be a wee bit pedestrian though.

Imprezza is a smaller lighter car. 2.0 non turbo is not all that quick either. 4wd is largely redundant too.

50kmls a year is a bit of mileage ok. Have you considered the diesel option?

I’m not restricted to the two cars listed. Suggestions are welcome

I really like the look of the new Mondeo and it has all the extras that a rep needs – Climate control , Cruise control , parking sensors

While on the other hand the Impreza is a dream to drive but it is so plastic inside, it has no aircon or cruise control. – Also not sure it suits the corporate image.

Insurance cost is not a concern –

So tell me folks- what is the conclusion

50k is a lot of travelling and I know I'd like the creature comforts. Having said that I don't know what the inside of the Impreza is like so I'm basing my choice on your comments about it being a bit plastic with not many toys.

Mondeo, for a start park the scooby anda Mondeo beside each other what one would be nicked first (some people will say ah it's a company car so don't worry about it!! the think they arn't thinking of is your the poor sod left in the carpark waiting for a lift home). The scooby is the first one that will be scratched by some jealous litte scumbag!!! Now dont get me wrong I would tend to lean towards the scooby but it's just another angle to look at.

Wait until June.The new 2007 mondeo is expected to be on sale then and should be worth a look.

with that kind of mileage would you not consider a diesel,loads to choose from.if your looking for power and style why not the bmw 320d 150bhp and pretty classy i think

I would have thought that the Subaru Legacy is more likely to be in the same class as the Mondeo (as opposed to the Impreza).

I have a 2l Legacy and am getting in the high thirties in mpg. Subaru have improved fuel economy in cars of recent years.

Learned how to drive in NZ in a Subaru Impreza......great car to drive...Very comfortable...loved it..Would have one again except these days I have to pay my own insurance!

I currently own a mondeo. While it's reliable i would decribe it as one of the most boring cars in the world. Given your profile, I would think the Subaru is the obvious choice.

I have a mondeo and would advise the 2.0l ctdi lovely car to drive.

I am looking for some advice on what car to choose.

It will be a company car, doing aprox 50’000 km per year.

Are you going to be visiting clients in your company car? If so an Impreza is not what you should be driving? This obviously might depend on the type of clientele...or the type of business you're in.
But...you cannot get away from the fact that an Impreza has an absolute toe-rag image. That's not to say you're a toe-rag Just that its image is not in fitting with most people's ideas of what a company car should be. Business is business...your dream car and that business may not go hand in hand.

I currently own a mondeo. While it's reliable i would decribe it as one of the most boring cars in the world. Given your profile, I would think the Subaru is the obvious choice.

There are many many way inferior and more boring cars to drive than a Mondeo.

Dynamically they are excellent, even though they are at an advanced stage of the current models life cycle.

They handle really well, and are streets ahead of a Vectra, Avensis etc.

They are also pretty comfortable and reliable. A bigger car suited ideally to longer journeys.

Id go with the mondeo.

I dont think your clients would be very happy seeing you coming in a Subaru.

My fella, knows lots a people that drive company cars. And let me tell you there not Subaru's. There Mondeos, laguans, skoda octavitas, 407's.

Why dont you get another car for say the weekend when your not working? Friend of mine has a passat for work (sales rep) but has a fully done up civic for the weekends!