SuB-Contractor refusing to update his particulars on SEI: cant claim grants.

H

Heppie

I hired a contractor to make several renovations in my home, which overall went quite well.

However, our contractor subcontracted an insulation company in Mullingar to sort out the insulation around the house (roof, cavity kingspan insulation). The insulation company in question is registered with the SEI but as he did not update his particulars, my form for repayment has since been returned 4 times.

I have been trying to get my refund since August. For whatever reason, this insulation company still have not updated their particulars. I've been told by the SEI that numerous email reminders have been sent out to them but there is nothing more they can do. They've also begun ignoring my calls and texts.

What I'd like to know is... what should I do and how should I proceed from here? Is there a body that regulates the standard of service/work carried out in the country?

Do I have to speak with the Labour Relations Commission?

Its a bit of a joke its taken 4 months and they still haven't updated their particulars on the system. Technically my application is expired but the SEI are good enough to keep it alive because they know it is not my fault.

Any advice or assistance would be greatly appreciated!