Sub 12 month broadband contract?

Re: Broadband Contract

Phoned UTV and they said a normal modem can be used from another phone point. Will just be charged at normal phone rates. As he only on to check mail every couple of weeks or so is no problem.

Oh - I didn't realise that you mean having the broadband to yourself and having your man use dial-up. That would work but seems a bit pointless to me. You might need a DSL microfilter on the dial-up phone socket (to prevent the broadband signal interfering with normal voice/dial-up line usage) depending on how things are wired in your abode.

Sorry Clubman, didn't meant to waste your time. As i said not really up on these things. As he will only be using it so infrequently don't want to bother with buying any extra equipment. Also his room is the totally other end of the house so some kind of wireless set up would be the only option.

Apologies again.

No problem. I guess the dual broadband/dial-up setup should work perhaps with a microfilter at the dial-up end if necessary. You will be able to use broadband and dial-up simultaneously. However while the dial-up is in use you will obviously not be able to use the phone for voice calls.