Stuttgart or cities close by to stay

IrishGunner

Ok WC is on but planning on going to Stuttgart for the Ireland v Germany
on Sept 2nd

Flights to Stuttgart from Dublin are way way overpriced

Any other cities close by to stay and I can get a flight from Dublin to?

Brussels, Paris , Prague, Milan then get the train

All suggestions welcome

Re: Stuggart or Cities Close By to Stay

Try Ryanair into Baden-Baden - it's not a million miles away, not sure if it's direct on a train, but www.db.de (ithe german rail company - they have an english option) should give you options. Frankfurt, basel, Munich would also be viable, all involve a train journey.

Yeah tried www.hlx.com and again Loco Money. Aer Lingus again where the cute whores upping every flight into Germany

Ryanair are the same......

Thanks for the links will look for trains

Any other Ideas welcome please

Frankfurt isn't far at all from Stuttgart (fast "ICE" trains go directly from the airport to Stuttgart Hbf - takes just over 1hr - from the proper airport that is not the Ryanair one) .. that would definitely be the handiest if you're not flying to Stuttgart

After that

Munich or Cologne are about 2 1/2 hrs by fast train
Zurich or Dusseldorf are a little further at about 3 hrs

Those times are from city centres .. you'd have to add a bit to get from the airports ...

I wouldn't consider anywhere further from Stuttgart than that ... Brussels, Paris, Prague or Milan really are too far

Just booked flights with Ryanair...fly in Saturday morning to Baden and out early Sunday morning....260euro all in. So thats not too bed I guess, especially as the flight times mean there's no need for accommodation if one is into having a few pints after the game!!!!
It's an hours drive from Stuttgart according to the AA route planner and I'd be fairly certain that the usual bus services operate that all Ryanair airports seem to have.

The train from frankfurt costs about 90euro return or so i've been told so it might'nt be worth trying to fly to another city to save money. Strasburg is nearby but no direct flights from Dublin, but there are some from London for about 150stg.
You could also look at Friedrichshafen, another Ryanair airport south of Stuttgart. It's about a 2 hour drive but you can only fly there via London.

have flights to Cologne on August 31st for €79 and back on September 5th. for €69 excluding taxes etc.

Back