Stupid legal action over inaccurate weather forecasts.

Observer said:
Wise up folks!

McEniff is a politician.........there's an election in the offing.........which part of "there's no such thing as bad publicity" don't you understand?

I was going to say it was more like free advertising for his hotel chain rather than his political future.

How and ever!!! Same difference I suppose.

a forecast is obviously something that cannot be guaranteed. But on Friday by say 10 /11 am should not the met office have changed their statements to what was actually happening on the ground. Have they no one to report from a particular area as to what is happening as opposed to what was forecast to happen? I do take Dam's point about being a small country, I was only trying to state that being a small country it shouldnt be impossible to have a reliable source within an area who can confirm what is happening. as against rador or aerial photographs. was interesting to hear that fisherman ( Donegal?) say that he would only reply on the bbc weather forecast before putting to sea as the Irish weather forecast was too unreliable

I doubt if Mr McEniffs comments were motivated by any intention to stand in the forthcoming General Election. For a start, he is at least 65 years old, maybe older. You can judge the stage he is at in his political career by the fact that he stood for election to the European Parliament (unsuccessfully, if memory serves me correctly) all of 26 years ago in 1979 and (again if I remember correctly) has not subsequently stood for the Dail since.