**************************/stuff for frizzy hair whats best?

blinkbelle

Im wondering if anyone can help me, ive spent alot of time and money trying to find a ************************** or a spray that will help my hair not be frizzy after ive straightened it. Ive tried loads but none seem to work.

If anyone has any ideas or tips would be great? im sick of the frizzy bits!! :)

Im wondering if anyone can help me, ive spent alot of time and money trying to find a ************************** or a spray that will help my hair not be frizzy after ive straightened it. Ive tried loads but none seem to work.

If anyone has any ideas or tips would be great? im sick of the frizzy bits!! :)

Avon do a good ************************** for frizzy hair. Also you could try a good heat protector spray for straightening your hair. I use one from boots its the botanics range and find this v good. You spray it on dry hair when straightening.

I have found that its actually better not to use a spray or ************************** as they tend to make your hair look flat and it doesnt feel nice.

I speak from 15 years experience blow drying my own hair straight and you name it I've tried it.

For me nothing beats the following to combat the frizzies:

1. Buy a good hair dryer something with at least 1800/2000 wattage and (most importantly) a very thin nozzel - its really hard to find ones with a thin nozzel but roches used to have a good selection.
2. buy a good hair day (GHD) straightener which costs about €160 from peter marks but well worth the money (you will never have to pay for your hair to be straightened again)
3. buy a large round brush and a flat paddle brush.
4. buy a hair clip to tie your hair back

Ok so now you have the tools, tie up your hair and dry section by section using first the round brush pulling it tight then the paddle brush aiming the nozzel down the line of the hair. Then before moving to next section go over the section you have just dried with the GHD - use sparingly or you will burn it. Do this for each section and then when you have finished go back over your hair again about 10 mins later with just the ghd.

Hey presto, straight hair with no frizzies.

If you dont have the money to buy the above the best product I used to use was "Revlon straight hair days" which you can buy from the hairdresser wholesale place on Abbey Street (around the corner from supermacs). They also do "Revlon curly hair days" which is great for the days you dont have time to straighen it.

The more you do it the quicker you will get. I leave my hair to dry naturally for about an hour before I start drying it and I can do my hair in about 10 mins and my hair is long.

I just bought another bottle of John Freida hair ************************** yesterday in boots. Fab stuff and I swear by it. Other serums feel too sticky on my hair but this "does exactly what it says on the tin".

I have found that its actually better not to use a spray or ************************** as they tend to make your hair look flat and it doesnt feel nice.

I speak from 15 years experience blow drying my own hair straight and you name it I've tried it.

For me nothing beats the following to combat the frizzies:

1. Buy a good hair dryer something with at least 1800/2000 wattage and (most importantly) a very thin nozzel - its really hard to find ones with a thin nozzel but roches used to have a good selection.
2. buy a good hair day (GHD) straightener which costs about €160 from peter marks but well worth the money (you will never have to pay for your hair to be straightened again)
3. buy a large round brush and a flat paddle brush.
4. buy a hair clip to tie your hair back

Ok so now you have the tools, tie up your hair and dry section by section using first the round brush pulling it tight then the paddle brush aiming the nozzel down the line of the hair. Then before moving to next section go over the section you have just dried with the GHD - use sparingly or you will burn it. Do this for each section and then when you have finished go back over your hair again about 10 mins later with just the ghd.

Hey presto, straight hair with no frizzies.

If you dont have the money to buy the above the best product I used to use was "Revlon straight hair days" which you can buy from the hairdresser wholesale place on Abbey Street (around the corner from supermacs). They also do "Revlon curly hair days" which is great for the days you dont have time to straighen it.

The more you do it the quicker you will get. I leave my hair to dry naturally for about an hour before I start drying it and I can do my hair in about 10 mins and my hair is long.

Do you not put any heat protection spray in your hair, as those straighteners are not exactly good for the hair.

I'm glad to see someone has finally addressed this important issue. Personally I find leave-in conditioner helps if applied both to wet hair and after blowdrying apply like **************************. Also keeps hair in good condition. I wouldn't use a straightener as this is a bit of a vicious circle- ruins your hair.

Happy_girl - you are spot on - John Frieda's frizz ease is brilliant - it comes in a smaller and larger and sachet, so you can try before you buy!

Im a fan of the leave-in conditioners myself.

I do find that you get into a cycle with the GHD where it looks great for a while then you start to suffer from the blunted ends look.

I had to leave off all colour and straightening for almost a year at one point as condition got so bad (it was not a happy year, any photos from the time show me with granny bun in place)

Back on the colours now (but only the non ammonia semi's) and staying a mile away from the GHD unless occasion is Very special.

Back