Student contributions

ClubMan

1. Third level undergraduate student contribution cut by €1K to €2K this year (and subsequent years?)
  2. Once off reduction of apprentive contribution by €1K
  3. Post-graduate contribution increased by €1K to €5K

Does anyone know how the Student Contribution fee actually works.
I paid for 1st year this year in UL back at the start of September (1st child).
I was (pleasantly) surprised to find it was only a €1,500 charge as keeping track of it over the past few years I had expected it to be around €3,000 and a reduction to €2,000 maybe on a temporary basis in previous years.
Am I right in thinking they are effectively confirming the €2k max this year (and I am lucky that UL is already below that) or am I missing something key here?

yes, you are missing something. UL charge 3k per annum, billed twice a year at €1500 a time. 2nd bill is due in Jan. Unclear from the budget if that will now be reduced or whether or not the reduction kicks in in the next academic year

It was reduced in last years budget as well so it should be 2k for this academic year if it was in last years budget and this years?

There was also a 500 reduction or SUSI contribution for households with an income under 100k a year. I have seen no mention of that yet. This would being it down to 1500 if you qualified and it is applicable for the current year. UL 2nd year in our house.