Stuck in Lisbon - flights pushed out by 1 week...any options?

onekeano

Hi, full blown cirsis here.... was due to fly home yesterday with Aer Lingus - flight cancelled.

Reschedule for next Saturday but obviously no guarantees and looking at SkyNews this could get worse.

For work / family reasons I can´t hang around that long so wanted to explore options ie. bus / train to Paris (or anywhere else) and then ferries up through UK to get home to Dublin.

I´m hearing all ferries are booked out so ANY advice / tips would be appreiciated.

Roy

Eurostar have laid on extra trains for tomorrow and probably more for later. I understand the Ferries UK - Ireland will be able to handle extra passengers.

Sadly I didn´t see that option on this mornings bus from Lisbon until it was too late. I went to the Embassy this morning - there were others there too. We requested that the Embassy in Lisbon to co-ordinate a bus to take people from Lisbon to Cherbourg with the cost to be shared among those travelling.

At present there are no flights before Saturday and this is by no means guaranteed. Next available trains to Paris is also Saturday.

Interested parties should meet to discuss this option at the Irish Embassy @ 10am tomorrow morning (TUESDAY). The Embassy is located behind the President Palace and the Tram 28 stops almost right outside.