Struggling to cope with mortgage and tax.

C

curcork

OK just throwing this out there....

My boyfriend is in a dire financial situation at the moment and so stressed over his situation that he is doing nothing and it is getting worse....

In 03 he bought a plot of land, currently 50,000 outstanding.
In 05 he bought a shell of a house on an acre, currently 190,000 outstanding.
He is up to date on these repayments but struggling...

His 06/07 tax bill is currently outstanding at 30,000 (inc, penalties). 08/09 tax bill is not in yet. Bad i know, head in the sand and a really bad accountant.

He is self employed with enough work to keep him busy, but not on the job too well through stress...

He is in the Limerick/Cork region and I'm looking to get some good advice on a professional to take this to and try get a plan in motion...

Any advice really appreciated, thanks.

You're going to have to give a lot more details, income, interest rates, repayment amount, where he is living, value of assets. Have a look at the money makeover thread for ideas.

I think the OP is only looking for a reference to a "professional" to help them work on a plan.

Thanks for the replies....

As neither are very savvy on financial workings, yes i am looking for a recommended proffesional to help us....

Maybe I am not the person to advise but I have some experience of this. You have made the first step yourself by looking for help on this site it has been a relief to me over the last while if only to know that there are others in the same situation. I suggest you contact the revenue and ask for a meeting to discuss the outstanding due or that you are in the process of getting this reconciled that you will endeavor to sort it out and do your best to have the figures etc sorted asap, but it might take a bit of time, if you can in anyway redirect some monies aside to build up so that when you have an idea of what it is you might have something to offer as a up front payment although thats not hugely necessary. I suggest you go to whomever is the provider of the loans for lands etc and request a reschedule or explain your case so that you might be able to lower these repayments and redirect the money to revenue. In my experience of outstanding debts banks etc bills i have found the revenue to be very amenable to proposals and are very aware of the circumstances that people have found themselves to be in. I recommend that your boyfriend sit down and do a serious review of his finances. There is no plot of land or shell of a house that is worth the stress or worry. While he may not see this today and i understand that its hard to let go of something that you have paid hard work and labor for the old phrase life is too short is the same old same old. get up guys face it you will be okay tell him straight you are going to deal with this and let him know its going to be alright. forgive the agony aunt **** but it might be necessary cos its difficult for everybody. My huge remiss is that i cannot give you details of a local accountant whom can help but i have no doubts at all there are tonnes out there willing to help. Get up of your .... and get it sorted you can do it and as for savvy on financial workings who the hell is... thats why we get the accountants in. Try to do it yourselves you might be presently surprised and theres a few quid thats already been redirected. Best of luck guys its only going to get easier i promise.

Back