Structural survey of new house

bmclough

Hi
I am currently in the process of buying a new house. We have just done our snagging, which has shown up the usual issues like badly hung doors and sloppy paint work. Now I am wondering about peoples opinions about also getting a structural survey done. Has anyone any past experiences to share on the topic or any anyone in the building trade any advice to pass on? Is the fact that the house is new enough?
Any advice or experiences welcome
Thanks
B.

Check if Homebond are covering the building,and check what they are liable for in the event of structural faults,also make sure your house insurance covers you for land slip/movement,if this is all in place you may be able to save the expense.In my own exp.these type problems dont show up for a few years,and may not be spotted on a new build

What is land/ slip movement, haven't heard of this before. I'm having a problem with my garden in a house (part of a housing estate) I've been in just over a year where it is completely water logged, have got draining done on it but it has not helped it actually has gotten alot worse. I'm worried that seeing as my garden is sinking (no longer level with the back path) should I also be concerned for the foundation of my house, is this what you meant by land/ slip movement.

Back