Strong Glue

L

LouthMan

Guys

Problem with putting Curtain Poles up and a steel head that is in my apartment and in the way !! The only option is to Glue the parts to the Wall. What is the strongest glue for Steel and Wood out there ??

Thanks

Try a two part epoxy such as [broken link removed]. The parts to be bonded will need to be held together while the glue sets, but once set, it's not going anywhere!
Leo

Is the steel head visible…I would have presumed you have plasterboard in front of it, if so the glue will only be sticking to the face of the plasterboard and consequently will not be strong enough to hold (the plasterboard will give way).
My advice is not to glue anything like this cos it will be a bitch if you have to remove! Why not bore and tap the steel?

Plasterboard in front - Strong Glue on the parts will be fine.

Plasterboard in front - Strong Glue on the parts will be fine.

strong glue won't be good enough as the plasterboard (or more importantly the paint coat over the plasterboard) will have nothing like the adhesion strength of the glue itself. you would be in effect gluing your curtain pole brackets onto a coat of paint which is painted onto a cardboard surface which is stuck onto the gyproc.
how high is the steel head ? could you go above it into masonry ?

No the same the whole way up, Sticking it to the Plasterboard and there is two parts, it will be fine.