Stroller on flight..

indebtedgal

Planning on Travelling stateside in the near future, and plan to buy a baby stroller (an elaborate one, i believe they are known as travel systems) Just based on prices on the net i think i'll save about €400 by getting it there.. Just wondering do the airlines allow you to check a stroller on without a child!! Or is the child a prerequisite.... I think that it would be in 2 parts as it also comes with a car seat... I think i will be flying with continental or delta...

Thanks, does anyone have any suggestions for for any other things to buy there that is easy to bring back... (baby stuff)..

just make sure when you're walking out through customs that you are beside someone with a child in their arms or they might pull you over for a chat

You might be better off buying a cheaper and simpler buggy/stroller here. Spending big money on a buggy is a waste of money in my opinion.

You can get a travel system like the one the OP is looking for in K-Mart for about €90.

We brought a double buggy home with us last November. because of its size you will have to include it as part of your checked luggage allowance. The buggy and car seat will be regarded as two pieces of luggage, you should also consider buying an advent microwave sterilizer over there about $20, travel cots are also good value and baby clothes and bedding are a steal.
If you are bringing the travel system home with you make sure that you take off all the attachments as they will get lost or fall off during the flight.

So just to be sure (i'm not great with the logistics of baby travel but i will need to get up to speed lively!) Do i need to take the whole thing out of the packaging and assemble it before it check it in.. I wonder would it be huge money to post something like that over here from the US. I won't need until about 4 months after i come back..

yes assemble it and walk it a little to make wheels look used. if itis in the box customes will do you. if you are looking at getting lots of stuff I would contact DHL or UPS and see how much it would cost. A travel system is two items (buggy and car seat) so it will use up all your luggage allowance (two bags) and you will have to pay extra if you want to bring a suticase as well! with continental it will cost you $100 extra for an additional item and they will only carry it if they have room. it may not coat a huge amount to ship it I know you can get a harley (motorbike) shipped for $600 and they are big. Have a look at www.walmart.com and www.target.com I find both great for baby stuff. PM me if you want any more help.

sorry about the spelling on last post I have two babies here and it is hard to concentrate