Stripogram/Kissograms - how to stop one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mers1

An odd question - we have a function coming up in a few weeks in a local pub, and someone mentioned to me that one of the invitees was ordering either a stripogram or kissogram. I spoke with this person and told them that it was not that type of party and that we would be very upset if one arrived, and also that we really would have no hesitation in leaving the venue if one arrived. Knowing the person in question they will find it hilarious and possibly find our protestations even more hilarious.

Is there any way that we can ensure that a strip/kissogram dont get on the premises? I have every intention of speaking with the owner in advance, but if they was some "legality" governing unauthorised performances etc it might carry a little more weight to ensure that it wont happen.

Odd I know, but we really really do hate them.

Hey! I'm only doing my Job!

I would imagine that the Bar Owner can excercise his/her right to refuse anyone on the premisies. But they would have to have a vaild reason. If the person comes dressed in civies they can walk in unnoticed I'd assume.

There is actually a thread on aam you might find of interest.

I would assume if it's a private party a person can be refused entry.

You have to be willing to accept though that denying entry and the whole palaver around it could put a real dampener on things.

You could well be seen as "ruining the night".

Would not tolerating a kisso/stripogram for 10 minutes be worth that?

Who does the "we" here represent? Almost everyone? The majority? A small minority? The invitee in question isn't obviously one of them. Proportionately, how strong is his viewpoint relative to yours?

I think the lengths to which you go should be proportionate to the attitude of the group as a whole rather than your own. If most people, regardless of their preference, wouldn't be offended, it may be something you might want to endure in the wider interest.

Alternatively, if you were to convey that enough of you were offended to the point that you wouldn't attend, this might have an impact.

Ultimately, though, the likely attitude of the "victim" should be respected.

Uninvite the invitee who has organised the stripogram? If there is no one to pay up then there wont be a stripogram.

the 'we' from the OP's post seems to be the organisers of the party. A guest it appears wants to gatecrash to party with a stripogram. The organisers are well within their rights to have a party that they want. An extreme solution would be to uninvite the guest who is looking to cause disruption by inviting a stripogram.

Surely the organisers have a right to restrict who can/cannot come to a private function?

Status
Not open for further replies.