strike off listed

WEAQ

Hi just discovered that a company that we supply has been listed for strike off.Can i approach company about this and ask for any monies owed?

Of course.

They are strike off listed for one of 2 reasons. They applied for it or they are late with their returns.

Go to the CRO website and check the filings under this company. If you see a H5, they applied for it. As they owed you money, you can stop this strike off as one of the criteria is that you must not have any assets or liabilities. Otherwise, they are just late and I would be worried about the state of this company i.e. has it become insolvent?

thanks paddy ,just checked with CRO and last accounts filed were in 2007,how can they still be trading or is what they are doing illegal?

Their late and they need to file audited accounts now. Its in breach of company law but its not criminal or anything like that.

Try contacting direct for payment, sending a letter and finally, send them a letter that if payment is not made within 14 days, as creditor you will seek a creditors voluntary liquidation. This usually gets some results.

thanks paddy ,but how is this not illegal as they are issuing vat invoices even though they may not be tax compliant.surely we can report them to the revenue ?

thanks paddy ,but how is this not illegal as they are issuing vat invoices even though they may not be tax compliant.surely we can report them to the revenue ?

Many businesses are late with returns, many businesses are late with taxes. If they are late with tax returns Revenue will know they are late already. Reporting them is of no use. There is nothing wrong with them still issuing sales invoices even if they are non-compliant with the CRO.

The only thing the strike off listing tells you is that some aspects of their accountancy/finance function is in arrears ( or they have requested strike off as has been said. And on this Revenue can object to strike off if there are outstanding liabilities ) It may make you wary of giving them future credit.

First things first. This is not a Revenue issue. Its a CRO issue.

As a creditor, you can ask to see their accounts as they are not online. The whole idea of a company having an ARD date and CRO publishing accounts online is that creditors can see the solvency of the company.