Stream Wedding from Croatia to Ireland for those who cannot attend

kate156

Hello,
we are having a family wedding in Croatia later this summer. Sadly some guest will not be able to travel. We would like to know would it be in anyway possible to stream some of the cermony to a laptop\TV in lreland.

We really do not know where to start reseaching this possibility.

many thanks
Kate.

You will need 2 reliable and fast broadband connections, Two laptops one with a Tv Out and a good quality webcam and Skype (www dot skype dot com) (sorry not allowed to post urls to other sites- too few posts)
I think it might even be possible to get a bluetooth wireless web camera now so you could get upclose and move around.

Obviously it will depend on the quality required and the internet connection available but its very possible to do direct from a phone with a decent camera - i've used QIK lots of times in the past - [broken link removed]
You'll have to be sure coverage is good though to make it work. Otherwise I suggest recording and sending it back over yousendit.com or some other online file sending site.

We've just come back from a wedding in Phoenix, Arizona, which was Skyped via a laptop with Wireless Internet to a standard PC using Skype here in Ireland. Worked a treat - the laptop holder just held the screen open so the inbuilt camera could capture the action, and the person at the other end, who happened to be in bed about to give birth, was able to see everything as we were all able to see her on the screen of the laptop. You just need availability of Wifi at the location of the wedding, a fairly decent laptop, Skype at both ends and away you go. Your friends in Ireland who can't travel could all meet up and have a wedding party at this end. Enjoy and good luck!

Many thanks for all the replies.
Eithneangela - you are star !!!- I will look into the SKYPE option ...sounds like it could work.