Strawberries,Potatoes and Donkeys

jdwex

What is the legal position regarding those people who sell strawberries and potatoes at the side of the road?

I was driving down to Rosslare to do some fishing when this donkey suddenly pulled out in front of me from beside a roadside vendor.

Then another mile or so down the road some guy sprinted across the N25 from another strawberry vendor to his car, which was (badly parked) in the opposite hard shoulder.

Do these people have a legal right to trade there? I gather that soft fruits have an exemption under the casual trading act, but surely they should not be trading on National Roads.

jd

It's only until after one of these kids, or donkeys, gets killed will they clamp down on them. I think it's highly dangerous.

They've their heads buried in books and Ipods blaring. It's only a matter of time before something happens.

BM

I remember talking to a vendor that sets up a similar stall just beside the overflow carpark in Stillorgan. She said that if you set up in a layby in a then 40 mph zone then you can trade but not in a 30mph. I wonder....

Ive noticed these guys on the N25 are now also selling fruit juices in glass bottles.

ajapale said:
Ive noticed these guys on the N25 are now also selling fruit juices in glass bottles.

I saw this too on the N6 last week but don't like the idea of stopping on the side of the road.

Back