Strategy Games

MissRibena

Hi all

My boyfriend seems to have developed a fondness for my old Civilisation II game on the PC. I would like to get him more games like this for either PC or Play Station 2 but am not really up on what's good in games anymore (well not since Street Fighter 2 if I'm honest ). Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks
Rebecca

It depends largely on whether he prefers real time or turn based strategy games. It also depends on what kind of spec your computer has. If he's happy with real time, try moving up to the next level with Civilization 3. Warcraft 3 would be another good option. That's assuming a fairly high spec machine. If you're running an older machine, you could try warcraft 2, starcraft, or age of empires. Those are all real-time.

Thanks Seagull
It's XP and plenty of memory - just bought it this year. Graphics card is nothing special though. I don't even know where he unearthed the Civ2 CD from! I remember wanted to get SimCity for a while but that seems like the dark ages now
Rebecca

Just to say that Civilization IV has just been released and is getting extremely good reviews...

Not really my sort of game but those in to this type of game say its the best thing since sliced bread.

You can pick up starcraft or warcraft 2 in the bargain bins now. They're about €10. I would suggest getting warcraft 2 and seeing whether he likes it. If he does, then you can get him warcraft 3 and/or starcraft. Starcraft is a good game, but it looks a little dated now.